Why Do Boot Camps Work? by Richard Clarke
Boot Camp style programmes now seem to be popping up all over the place - which is great news for everyone! I believe they offer a solution for people who want fast results, and let's be honest, who doesn't want fast results?
Boot Camps are usually group orientated and can be also classed as residential or non-residential. Some are military style with lots of shouting and screaming and doing exercise outdoors in the mud!! Some of the better boot camps are NON-military and less aggressive and more suited to include the general public. Sometimes boot camps are themed for different groups, such as Soccer, Weight Loss and Bridal Boot Camps, and some offer a more personal one-to-one experience.
Residential boot camps can be expensive and range from £400-1500 per week, staying in a single room, whilst non residential boot camps are more affordable at around £5-£10 per session, for 2-5 sessions per week for 3-6 weeks. The 'flexi' or 'light' option - just doing 2 or 3 sessions per week for 3-6 weeks seems to be popular due to the apparent lack of time we all have.
Reasons Why Boot Camps REALLY Work...
- The discipline of getting up early and exercising before work is really empowering and you actually have more energy throughout the day.
- Early morning exercise has been proven to assist in weight loss and can help burn more calories over the course of the day.
- Significant increases in fitness in short a space of time due to the type of exercise.
- Huge increases in confidence and feelings of wellbeing.
- Significant body shape changes in a relatively short space of time.
- Camaraderie, Fun and Friendship - have fun, motivate each other and make friends.
- Body fat loss and muscle toning is what it's all about. With the correct nutrition your boot camp will turn your body into a fat burning furnace!
Results are what people want and it's results that people get, so they come back time and time again hungry for more!
About the Author